This page provides step by step information on various ways to file a complaint and what to expect upon filing your complaint. Complaints may be filed online, in person, or via U.S. mail. Ultimately, the form MUST be signed and notarized.
- * Download the complaint form (PDF) file to your computer.
- Fill out the form in its entirety by typing information into the form's fields.
- Save the form to your computer.
- Send an email to ProfessionalStandards@FortSmithPD.org and attach the completed form (you just saved on your computer) to the email
- The Professional Standards Officer will reply to your email (as soon as possible) notifying you that your complaint has been received and will make arrangements for you to sign the form - as it needs to be notarized. It has to be signed in front of the notary.
You may also download the complaint form, fill it out, and bring it to the Fort Smith Police Department if you desire and request to speak with an on-duty supervisor or the Professional Standards Officer (if available). Or if you prefer, you may mail in the complaint form to the address on the Contact Information page - in which case you will receive a letter in the mail confirming the receipt of your complaint and making arrangements with you to sign it.
* You will need Adobe Reader to view this. PDF file. Adobe Reader is free software that lets you open, view, search, and print Adobe