Starting Hourly Wage $10.55
Applications for Customer Service (part-time) are available from the Department of Human Resources for the City of Fort Smith, located at 623
Garrison Avenue on the third floor of the Stephens Building. All applications will receive a complete review and potential candidates will be
scheduled for a computer based applicant screening test and an oral interview. An intensive background investigation will be completed on those
applicants that are selected to move forward in the process. Those applicants selected for hire will complete a medical physical with drug screen,
psychological test and polygraph. For further details contact the Recruiting Coordinator
for the Fort Smith Police Department.
- Answers non-emergency calls and enters police reports into the records management system.
- Provides assistance to the public at the police information desk, to include filing police reports, fingerprinting and providing general information.
- Communicates with callers to obtain accurate and essential information necessary to file police reports.
- Must have a telephone or other means of contact in case of an emergency.
- May be asked to temporarily back fill any position within Central Records.
- Processes more than one task at a time.
- Must continually demonstrate a high level of mental stability.
- Assists officers and other police department personnel as necessary when not occupied with information desk duties.
- Performs additional duties as directed.
High School diploma or GED and academic knowledge of Arkansas law or criminal procedures is required. Must be at least 18 years of age.
The incumbent must be able to perform all of the duties and functions as defined in the job description for the City of Fort Smith. The incumbent
must have excellent communications skills in both oral and written forms. Organizational skills and close attention to details are required to successfully
perform this job. The incumbent must have thorough operational knowledge of the use of a personal computer system, as well as various software packages.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those the incumbent encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions provided that accommodations comply with the City
of Fort Smith's Alternate Duty Policy. The noise level in the work environment while within the Police Department is usually moderate.